Not only are the two temples at Abu Simbel is one of the outstanding monuments, but in the world, the removal and recovery is a historic event itself. When the temples (280 km of Aswan) were threatened submerged in Lake Nasser, due to the construction of dams, the Egyptian government for the protection and support of UNESCO started the world-wide appeal. In the rescue operation began in 1964 and continued until 1968, these two temples were dismantled and raised over 60 meters of the sandstone cliff, they have established more than 3000 years. Here, they meet again, in exactly the same relationships and the sun, and covered with man-made mountain. Most joined the rock by ancient expert, but is still likely to see inside the temple block was cut off. You can also visit the man-made dome inside to see the exhibition of photographs illustrating the different stages of a large-scale demolition projects.
Abu Simbel by JL Burckhardt in 1813 for the first time reported that when he was in the mountains, only to see the great temple front, as he was preparing to leave the area of the Nile. The two temples, that of Ramses II, the main focus on the re-Harakhte, and his wife, Nefertari dedicated to Hathor, is the need to see Victoria to visit Egypt, even though it is a journey of the Nile is necessary, and often buried deep in the sand, because they found that when Eckhart.