About the hotel
This elegant Victorian property combines traditional luxury with up-to-the-minute technology and first-class service.
A stay with us is like having your very own magnificent town house, breaking down the formality of a traditional hotel in an atmosphere that is as refreshing as it is relaxing. Our doors first opened in 1876 as one of the very first purpose built hotels in London and we stayed open through the turn of the century, changes in ownership and even two world wars. One distinctive mark remains ingrained: character. From the moment you enter our stately hall, the authentic Victorian decor envelops you. Warm muted tones combine with glorious dark woods, blending perfectly to create a truly relaxing and enchanting ambience from the elegance of the sculptured wrought iron on the grand staircase through to the detailed craftsmanship of the wooden flooring and cornices. Genuine quality, personality and character are features that cannot be created, merely attained through respect and values. Like our excellent, traditional service, it gets better with time. Exceptional cuisine and a welcoming atmosphere ensure our restaurant achieves this with considerable ease. Whilst most hotel bedrooms are simply a place to sleep, ours are much more. Peaceful and quiet, a retreat from the city bustle, providing the ideal place to muse over your day and at the end of which, you can sleep comfortably in the knowledge that everything has been taken care of. A magnificently restored town house hotel in the heart of Kensington, close to Hyde Park, Kensington Palace and Gardens. Near Londons finest museums- the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Parking & Transportation
Family / Children's services
- · Dry Cleaning / Laundry Service
- · Guest Laundry Facilities
- · 24-Hour Front Desk
- · Concierge
- · Porter Service (24 hour)
- · Currency exchange
- · Safety Deposit Boxes
- · Left Luggage / Storage Facilities
- · Post/Parcel Service
Fitness Centre / Gym Facilities
- · Restaurant
- · Lounge / Bar
- · Fully Equipped Gymnasium Off Site 0.1 Km
Check In / Check Out
- · You may check in from 14:00 hours onwards.
- · You must check out by 12:00 hours.
- · Bookings must be cancelled 1 days in advance of your arrival date.
- · In the event of a no show or a cancellation with less than 1 day notice prior to the date of arrival, an amount equivalent to one nights average cost of accomodation will be charged.